Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What is THIS????


"What is THIS?" or "Is that _________?"
I think I am going to be hearing this a lot in the next while from the children!!!

They have tried some new foods over the last two days.....and I am really proud of them all for being so open to new things.
I am trying to give everyone as much choice in what they eat while still maintaining a clean eating lifestyle which is helping them....they still have some power in the situation.
My aim is to have everyone eating at least 75% of the time from clean food.
NOT the ALL or NOTHING mentality!

I will catch you all up on what I have eaten and my activity for the last 2 days ......

Monday
  • Breakfast was Muesli, milk and a banana.
  • 11 almonds and an apple sprinkled with cinnamon was for Mid- morning Snack.
  • Yummy Lunch was a whole wheat wrap with Indian hummus and shredded zucchini, cucumber, carrots and lettuce. With a few strawberries on the side.
  • Wasa Crackers (2) with a spread of natural peanut butter.
  • Supper was a Chicken breast, Vegetable stir fry and brown rice. Dessert for the family.....2 cups of frozen blueberries with 1 cup of vanilla yogurt all blended to the consistency of ice cream...it was a hit! I had approximately 1/2 cup of this.

I did the Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones workout in the morning.

Tuesday

  • A half an apple and Morning Hot Cereal recipe from The Eat Clean Diet for Family and Kids.
  • A smoothie made of 1 cup Chocolate Almond Breeze, 3/4 banana and 1 tbsp. peanut butter for Mid- morning Boost.
  • This was Lunch, leftover veggies from the stir fry and a whole wheat pita bread spread with tomato sauce, sliced zucchini and 1 oz. of mozzarella cheese.
  • Afternoon boost will be another smoothie like I has this morning but I will throw in some spinach too.
  • Finally supper is Homemade Spaghetti Sauce made with lots of veggies and organic lean ground beef served on Brown rice pasta and a side lettuce salad (no dressing).
My exercise was a Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk Away the Pounds.

Feeling great and living it!!!

Those hard days of this past weekend seem so far away right now....Yet they seemed so impossible at the time!?!?!?!? Go figure...

4 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to hear you sounding so upbeat! Love the dinner ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your last post. Wow. Congratulations on winning that eating clean stuff from Dawne. How awesome is that? The food you cooked up looks really good too. I'm sorry your weekend was so hard, but I'm glad you've rebounded back. At least you're recognizing some patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so relieved that I may forget about my bad day in the near future. I have the same questions from my kids!?! Your books will be in the mail on Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hooo!!!! Way to go getting your WHOLE familia clean eating! I love it!! Your title post is priceless! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete