I am a perfectionist as you all know and along with that I also like to be in control.
Not a great combo!!!!
I was reminded today after reading a fellow bloggers
post that there are SOME things that are in my control and other things that ARE NOT!
I decided to make a list of things in my life that I can control and post it in a place that I look at often to really bring this fact home.
Here is the list I came up with;
I CAN CONTROL......
- if I will draw on the strength of God during a rough moment.
- how much water I drink in a day.
- what food goes in my mouth.
- if I will exercise at some point in a day.
- how much time I will waste on the computer.
- how I will handle my children when they misbehave.
- what I will wear.
- how I will feel about myself.
- how I treat others.
Making this list reminded me of the Serenity Prayer!