Saturday, October 30, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Bars
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 by 8 baking pan and set aside.
· Chop your dark chocolate into small pieces.
· In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
· In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in the dark chocolate and almonds.
· Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don’t want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
· Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Makes 10-12 granola bars
*I tripled this recipe and froze the bars in packages of 6 for another time.
I enjoyed a bar with a cut up apple and a chia tea for lunch one day......Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
- if I will draw on the strength of God during a rough moment.
- how much water I drink in a day.
- what food goes in my mouth.
- if I will exercise at some point in a day.
- how much time I will waste on the computer.
- how I will handle my children when they misbehave.
- what I will wear.
- how I will feel about myself.
- how I treat others.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
- A wonderful, loving and understanding husband.
- Six healthy children.
- Family that live close by and I can see whenever I want.
- Friends both in real life and in 'blog land' that love me for who I am.
- A three day weekend with my husband!
- That I will have a chance to go out running at least twice in the next 3 days.
- My bed sheets are on the line so I get to sleep in fresh, clean sheets tonight.
- I have great health.
- A place to call home.
- and the sun is shining!!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
- Breakfast was Oatmeal, 1 tsp. maple syrup, splash of milk and 1whole egg plus 2 whites scrambled.
- No morning snack.
- Lunch was 4 wedges of cantaloupe and a smoothie made of spinach, a banana, tbsp. natural peanut butter, plain yogurt and almond breeze.
- Afternoon snack was fresh pineapple and 22 almonds.
- I made this for my supper......Coconut Rice with Black Beans. I had a bite of it this morning after I made it just to try it because I have never made it before.....it is yummy! so I am looking forward to it!!!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
- Breakfast was Muesli, milk and a banana.
- 11 almonds and an apple sprinkled with cinnamon was for Mid- morning Snack.
- Yummy Lunch was a whole wheat wrap with Indian hummus and shredded zucchini, cucumber, carrots and lettuce. With a few strawberries on the side.
- Wasa Crackers (2) with a spread of natural peanut butter.
- Supper was a Chicken breast, Vegetable stir fry and brown rice. Dessert for the family.....2 cups of frozen blueberries with 1 cup of vanilla yogurt all blended to the consistency of ice cream...it was a hit! I had approximately 1/2 cup of this.
- A half an apple and Morning Hot Cereal recipe from The Eat Clean Diet for Family and Kids.
- A smoothie made of 1 cup Chocolate Almond Breeze, 3/4 banana and 1 tbsp. peanut butter for Mid- morning Boost.
- This was Lunch, leftover veggies from the stir fry and a whole wheat pita bread spread with tomato sauce, sliced zucchini and 1 oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Afternoon boost will be another smoothie like I has this morning but I will throw in some spinach too.
- Finally supper is Homemade Spaghetti Sauce made with lots of veggies and organic lean ground beef served on Brown rice pasta and a side lettuce salad (no dressing).