Friday, October 8, 2010

Thanksgiving

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! and I am still walking towards it.
Rough days come and sometimes a number of them in a row, but this time around I did not waiver in my hope for complete freedom from the cycle and THIS my friends is progress!

In the past when I have had bad days I would lose my hope completely and even question if God loved me.... but not this time.....I have a calm assurance in God and His love, He alone is my answer and He will bring me to the place where I can see what the deep issues are that I have yet to look at.

I do not have all the answers yet to why I am having to still deal with these reoccurring cycles but I am closer to the answer and I trust that God will show me each piece as I am ready to deal with it.

So this weekend I have a lot to be thankful for and here are just a few of them......
  • A wonderful, loving and understanding husband.
  • Six healthy children.
  • Family that live close by and I can see whenever I want.
  • Friends both in real life and in 'blog land' that love me for who I am.
  • A three day weekend with my husband!
  • That I will have a chance to go out running at least twice in the next 3 days.
  • My bed sheets are on the line so I get to sleep in fresh, clean sheets tonight.
  • I have great health.
  • A place to call home.
  • and the sun is shining!!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome! You truly are blessed. I love how you are choosing to look at that half full glass. I am constantly trying to do that too, and sometimes it is very hard. But I know it is God who sustains me. You are unstoppable, my friend! :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post ! :)
    You are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very uplifting and wonderful post! God is so faithful and it's a wonderful blessing to have that relationship with him that brings us through everything life sends our way.

    Enjoy your three-day weekend and running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this. Love you. And, I love fresh, sheets off the line.

    Something went in the mail today...not telling what, but maybe you can guess????

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're singing my song with the fresh sheets! They're one of my favorite things. I think it's so important to live in a place of gratitude like you're doing. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THank you for your post! I was having a bad day/week and it has lifted me :)

    Have a wonderful weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete