Pumpkin Chocolate Granola Bars
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 by 8 baking pan and set aside.
· Chop your dark chocolate into small pieces.
· In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
· In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in the dark chocolate and almonds.
· Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don’t want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
· Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Makes 10-12 granola bars
*I tripled this recipe and froze the bars in packages of 6 for another time.
I enjoyed a bar with a cut up apple and a chia tea for lunch one day......Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!