Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sensitive Topic

I had this great article come in by email today and had to share it.

It is for anyone who struggles through some hard days on this weight loss journey, like I just did over the end of last week and through the weekend.
It is from the Sparks People website and here is the link.

For the first part of this journey to lose weight I seemed to just sail along without any bumps in the road and this lasted until May (5 months into the walk). What changed in May I asked myself...the answer....this is when I started to have my menstrual cycle again after having the baby in November. Hormones in the monthly cycle are the only thing that I can pinpoint as a change.

So I will be challenging myself over the next few months to find ways to handle the hormonal fluctuations differently than I have been over the last few cycles where I have given into the desires to overeat and become very emotional/angry with myself and others. If anyone has ideas or better yet proven strategies on how to handle different hormonal cycles I would love to hear them.

I am so glad to be on the other side of the difficult days for another month!

5 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this sensitive topic right now ...

    I recently changed birth control methods and since changing, I am on day 19 of TOM. Day 19 !!! It's wearing me out, I'm an emotional mess, and it's just plain irritating. I'm doing my best to hang in there, but I've been having some rough days. I'm gonna try to challenge myself also and work through this.

    Thanks for sharing ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hormonal stuff can be so difficult and once a month....that is just way too often. By the time you feel "normal", it's time to feel like a raving lunatic again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spark People have some great articles. You have done amazingly well considering where you are hormonally with post pregnancy issues. I wish I had some advice - none. Hormones...grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your hormones are giving you such a hard time. I'm a little frighted of how mine will be when I go back to my cycle. But rest assured there are people who care and we are always here to listen to you vent! I'm sorry I don't have any advice on how to handle the hormones but I'm always here if you need to complain about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no advice on hormones, I didn't have mine for 3 1/2 years with two pregnancies and breastfeeding in a row. It was an adjustment before I realized waht was causing me to lose my patience so easily and fly off the handle...damn hormones! Remember to hang in there and how well you've done with your losses and your running too!

    ReplyDelete