Saturday, July 24, 2010

10km Training Begins

Today marks the beginning of my 10km Race Training! I guess I really am going to do this....I will be entering the Wiky Road Runner on October 17th.

It is a 8 week program from the Running Room that I am going to follow. Starting the program today actually puts me done the training 2 weeks before the race because I am entering a shorter (5km) race with my 9 year old on October 3rd and I just wanted to be done training before the first race.

The schedule for the week looks like this, today is Cross Train, Sunday Rest, Monday 4km, Tuesday 3km, Wednesday Rest, Thursday 4km and Friday Cross Train.

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go and how fun that your 9 year old is coming along for the run! You're going to feel great doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoohoo...good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on training for your first race. You'll feel so awesome afterwards! Sorry about having a bad day on Friday but at least you found a good home for the kitten and your children can still play with her without you having the added work of another baby.

    I hope next week is better for you and that your new routine strengthens for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete