Thursday, July 22, 2010

Next Weeks Supper Menu

I hope the new blog look is not to much for your eyes! I didn't plan on changing it but apparently Blogger had other ideas. sigh!

My husband is working REALLY hard, 12 hour days on a road construction crew. Like operating a jack hammer for an entire shift on Tuesday. It is a good thing that he was working out before taking this job. He has lost 5 pounds in 3 days of work. Nice weight loss program. lol
He has to get up and be out by 6:45am and not home until a little after 7pm. This means that I too am up at 6am to have coffee with him and see him off. Everyone is adjusting well to the changes considering we are all use to having him around all the time.

I still have not figured out how to get in my daily workouts...I was planning on doing it in the mornings during the babies nap...I would sent the children outside to play and squeeze in a 30 Day Shred on the week days and then do a good run on Saturday but so far life seems to happen as soon as the baby is asleep and by the time I get things in order it is time for her to wake up. I will keep trying to get it in and when it happens it does. I did manage a quick 3km run last night and then about 10 minutes of weight & abs training but I am usually just too tired out by 8:30 at night when the children are in bed to put on my shoes and go out.

My eating has been in check all week but to help with the transition I decided to plan next weeks menu now and do a big grocery shop on the weekend. Breakfasts are always the same for me, Steel Cut Oats with 2 tsp. brown sugar, 1/3 cup milk and fresh fruit. Lunch is usually a big salad with vegetables, fruit, seeds and sometimes chicken breast.
Since I put the time in to making a menu I thought maybe someone else may like new ideas too so here it is.

Monday Taco's

Tuesday Roast Chicken, Brown Rice & Green Beans

Wednesday Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes & Grilled Zucchini and Peppers

Thursday Shepard's Pie & Garden Salad

Friday Scrambled Eggs, Maple Beans & Toast

3 comments:

  1. I'll be over for dinner! Have a happy day! Isn't it great that 3K's are our short,quick runs now? A little a while ago, neither of use would have imagined that! We're getting there Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new colour. Did your husband let you keep the kitty? Don't worry once you've got the routine down pat your exercise energy will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. :) Shepard's Pie reminds me of growing up. My mom used to make it.

    ReplyDelete