Thursday, September 23, 2010

Satistics

I was shocked to hear on the Biggest Loser that 2 out of 3 people in America are obese!
I can see overweight but the statistic was OBESE.
That is a staggering fact...I am sure that Canada is right up there with the U.S on this one.

I could not help but think about the possible reasons why....from my own life I would say that it is a direct result of not moving enough and polluting our bodies with quick, easy and high calorie foods.

I am so thankful to God that He has given me the desire and determination to make the changes in my life that have brought me to this place were I am no longer a statistic!!!

My eats for today were....
  • 2/3 of a banana (the baby ate the other 1/3) chopped up in 1/2 cup of steel cut oats, 1 tbsp. peanut butter and 1/2 cup of almond breeze for breakfast. Yummy!!!
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple and 22 almonds for mid-morning snack
  • Lunch was 1/4 feta cheese, mixed into 1 medium cucumber, red onions, red pepper.
  • 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup yogurt and a handful of granola was my afternoon boost with a cup of Chocolaty Chia tea.
  • Supper will be 1 cup left over chili.

Exercise for today was the 30 Day Shred, Level 2 with 5lb weights. Oh how I love Jillian's workouts! A great sweat and the heart pumping fast!!! Oh ya!!!

2 comments:

  1. And those stats ARE staggering! You are so right with the lack of activity and the shoveling in of brainless processed eating. It's so so interesting how the Food administrative is ok'ing all this poison, and then the drug administration is making the money and profit by pushing the pills for all the diseases that are caused by the foods that the food guys ok.
    Makes you go, hmmmmmm.....

    Way to go, chicka! Great great eating and activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so doing this thing! How was the chili? Honestly, our days food is very similar...weird. When we finally meet, we will order the same thing off the menu!!!

    ReplyDelete