Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sick

Well, I did not get to go away for the week because on Sunday I was hit with a terrible cold. I could not bring myself to driving for 8 hours each way and trying to sleep in the same room as my baby for 3 nights and not come home more sick or at the very least in need of a break from my 'break'.
So at home I spent the March Break! which I do not want to be over...

I did go away for 1 night to the city 2 hours away and spent the night in a hotel with my baby and then did some shopping...it was a nice break just not what I had been planning on.


Steven, my little man!


In my time of being sick I did not make the wisest of choices when it came to eating which is not what I want my life to be like but I did choose to eat healthy more often than not...a small victory! I will be skipping the scale tomorrow morning because it is that time in the month when I am always up (ovulation time) and I know that and do not want to have to deal with discouragement from what ever it says.

Something I have been struggling/working through is the need to follow a plan PERFECTLY!!! The all or nothing issue that I do NOT want my life to be about anymore...I am tired of always looking for the newest and greatest weight loss 'technique'! Really is there a right or perfect way? or does it come down to what works and it manageable for each individual?

I have been reading the Trim Healthy Mama book and this is the reason I have been thinking on this issue again. I do admire the 2 women that wrote the book, they are both Christian homeschooling mama's of large families, and while their program works for them and many others I feel for me it is to much thinking that has to go into how you 'combine' foods for each meal in order to have your body burning only one fuel source at a time and I can't wrap my mind around right now.

So for me I am going to go back to basics and what comes naturally to me (when I want it to) and that is eating clean, unprocessed whole foods! YEAH!!!, simplicity is what I work well with.
Eating clean  really is what I have been doing for the last 2.5 months but I was 'trying' to get on board with the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating also but I can't do both right now.

Today's Food

  • Quinoa with fresh strawberries and almond milk
  • Apple and peanut butter
  • Raw vegetables, hummus and Mary crackers
  • Smoothie (banana, almond milk and peanut butter
  • Taco Salad (lettuce, spinach, peppers, onion, lean ground beef, cheese, greek yogurt, salsa, guacamole and 8 nacho chips) and 'skinny chocolate' 
  • Popcorn made in coconut oil

I went for a 3.2km walk/run in the beautiful sunshine and cold air this morning. I think I have mentioned before but I LOVE going outside to exercise!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! I tried food combining for about 3 days a few years ago and REALLY noticed a difference in my tummy area, but it took work to figure out what to eat when, and not be eating the same foods all the time. I may try it again after my marathon in May....I felt and feel SO much of what you posted. Exercise is NO problem for me. I love it. But food is SUCH a problem. Sometimes I wish I didnt have to eat at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you were sick! I've caught your cold for my second week of March break! :) You're on the right track...I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete