Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Why the Cycles?

For the last few months I have been struggling with losing weight...the last couple of weeks have been mostly on track but still a mental struggle.
I want to be at goal, like NOW!!!

The daily fight goes something like this.....
I have a number of bad eating days in a row even though my day typically started out awesome, with a healthy breakfast and lunch but sometime between lunch and supper the old bad habits would take over!
I would consume a ridiculous amount of calories until bedtime at which point I would go to bed feeling shameful and begin planning in my head how I would correct this detrimental behaviour.
The modes of correction that I would commonly come up with are extreme and thankfully by morning I would have rid those thoughts from my plan and sensibility would set back in...but the cycles continue.

I know how to lose weight for me!!!!

It involves eating clean, whole and mostly raw foods...
So my question to my self and you all today is why is it that when I/we deviate from what we know works why do we think the plan has failed and go looking for quick fixes??? When obviously it is us who has failed the plan and not vice versa!

I hope someone has an answer to this scenario because I have yet to figure it out!
I look forward to hearing some peoples ideas on this.

My eating has been mostly on track since my weigh in on Friday but I must admit that some SAD, sad food I have also eaten....boo!!!
So much for 84 days of clean eating in a row!!!
I have also got 3 good workouts in since Friday and I am hoping for another run and strength training later this week.

5 comments:

  1. I don't have an answer for you, but I can so relate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you back!!! I've been kind of out of the loop for weeks now, so you can just imagine my surpise and delight to see you back to blogging!!!

    To answer your question, I think it's because we don't want to look at ourselves and what we're doing. We don't want to take responsibility. It's easier to blame the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also true for me... I struggle in a similar way. I'm always thinking I will run off my extra calories but then I don't go running.

    I'm thinking that I need to replace my need to those extra calories some how. For some reason, be it stress, comfort, boredom, anxiety, etc... I turn to extra calories and if I can replace that need with something else. It's all about choices in that moment and planning before hand. There has been a time or two where I do redirect myself in the moment so I know it can be done! It's all a work in progress, I believe.

    Thanks for your comment this morning... that you were thinking of me. That made my morning! I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    Take care Christine!!
    Blessings...
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it because we stand in the way of our own success???
    I had this very conversation with myself this morning..I have put on a few pounds since my weight loss and want to nip things in the bud, but I am so up and down with my eating....it is really about making each choice matter...just saying no to what isn't healthy for me
    simple
    but in order to do that for myself I really have to embrace myself with love and care...only then will I succeed

    love and light to you today Christine
    remember you are worth it!@

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs*

    I have been thinking this over for a week trying to think of something smart or helpful to say but I can't. We all are human with faults and weaknesses and that's how God made us. The best thing you can do is use this as an example for your kids that we all do things we regret or wish we hadn't and that the best thing we can do is except it and move on, and better yet learn to forgive ourselves.

    Good luck in your journey. I know you'll find your way and beat your 84 days of clean eating.

    ReplyDelete