Monday, July 11, 2011

Got My Groove On

Life is so very busy but so very good!

I have found my groove again...it took a couple of weeks and a few more pounds but I am back at it and feeling GREAT!!!!

At the beginning of last week I weighed myself, even though I did NOT want to.
I had been pigging out and just not caring enough.
My roll was hanging over my pants like it has not for a long while so I knew the number was going to be not good.
170! Yikes!!!

The short of it all is I, at that moment decided that I was SO worth this fight with food that I was not going to bow before its control any longer!!!! I have the strength and victory but I need to remember that and walk in it...I am the boss not the addiction!

The scale yesterday morning had me back to the 161lb I had been back on the 24th of June.
I am happy with that....9lbs of junk gone from my body in just a few short days, the roll is disappearing again and my mind is in the fight. Prayer is key to keeping this stride going.

With the exception of having a ooey, gooey dessert with my husband while on a date last night, I have been eating wonderful, healthy and whole foods! and my body loves it!

There is nothing like the feeling when your body is fuelled with the best food possible. I have so much more energy, I think clearer, my patience with the children is great and I find so much more time to do all I need to get done in a day.
Everything just seems to fall into place when I keep my eating in check! Go figure!!!

I will weigh in on Friday because I joined a 12 Week Challenge over on a home school forum and our weigh in day will be Fridays. My goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per week.
So by October 7th I will be down 12 - 24 lbs...woohoo!
To see a number between 149 and 137 on October 7th will be cause for a celebration.
Hmm, what should I do to celebrate?

3 comments:

  1. "Everything just seems to fall into place when I keep my eating in check! Go figure!!!"

    I love that and isn't it so true? I think it has to do with taking control of our passions and desires and not letting them rule over us. It's empowering to us in all areas of our lives. Yay for you in getting a handle and this and not just letting yourself slip on downstream into an even more unhealthy life! It takes courage to stop and make a new choice.

    Welcome back and congrats on losing those 9 pounds. Prayer is really the key for me too! You are awesome!!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the world of healthy eating. Sounds like you have a good plan in place and I'm sure you'll be successful. I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you back...taking care of ourselves is so so worth it...

    ReplyDelete