Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekly Recap

This past week has been an emotional, hormonal roller coaster.....but it officially came to an end today!

Last Tuesday I had a job offer put before which would have me work from home on my own schedule. It was working as the Administrator of a First Nations Ministry close to my home. All of it sounded great but I never 'felt' right about it. My husband and I both prayed about it wanting to know what God's perfect will was in this situation. This morning I finally decided that if it didn't feel right then it probably wasn't right for me. It was hard to call the woman and decline but I had a great day after that call...I was free from that stress of trying to decide what to do.

My hormones had me all out of balance last week too. I am not sure how everyone else reacts at different times in their cycle but for me the hardest time is during ovulation. I become very grumpy, everything is a big deal and I crave food...any kind of food. So last week I had to try and deal with all of this...I did just okay...I made some really good choices and I made some not so great ones.

On the great side I worked out really hard all week. I did the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I really like this workout...It is like the 30 Day Shred only twice as long. On Saturday evening I went for my longest run yet, 7.5km, and I did it in 57 minutes. It felt great to run for that long but my hips and knees let me know the next day that I ran a long way.

The eating side was the not so great part...I just plain ate to much of things that I really didn't need to have. By doing that I caused myself to have a lot of negative feelings about myself...the all or nothing mentality kicked in. I did alot better with this cycle than I have done in the past and I look forward to the day when I do not go down this path again.

I didn't have an official weigh in this Sunday but a sneak peek has me staying the same. This coming Sunday is the final weigh in for the Bootcamp I am a part of...this should be an interesting meeting!

3 comments:

  1. 7.5 KM run???? WOOT WOOT!!!!

    I find ovulation time very difficult too, more so than the actual period. I think we waste half our month dealing with these hormone issues!?!

    Hope the final weigh in meeting goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you desire to know and follow the Lord's will!!! You're great!! By the way, great job on all the exercise. If it makes you feel any better...food is my issue too :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for a husband that will join you in prayer about decisions such as these.

    I really appreciate your comment on my Freedom posting about the freedom from addiction. I could've written that myself and probably will be writing a post along those lines very soon.

    As Anne of Green Gables said, "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet."

    And the Bible says, "His mercies are new every morning."

    I hope you have a great 4th and a great weigh-in on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete