Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Daily Musing

So we got hit with the flu bug in the house. The baby started yesterday and seems to be on the mend now. I am hoping and praying that everyone else has had a strain of this particular virus and no one else will come down with it. That is one thing about a big family if everyone develops a particular sickness it is a good 6 weeks before it is cleared from the house. So far this winter we haven't had anything though so I can't complain!


On the school front...now that March Break is over the girls and I started a study on Canada. We had actually taken a long break from Unit Studies because my 'job' was to busy so everyone was doing just the basis 3 R's. They are really enjoying this study so far, okay I know it is only the second day but we are planning a "vacation" across Canada in order to learn this time. So it is very engaging for them, who doesn't like to plan a trip? The enthusiasm this morning when we decided to fly to PEI and start the trip there was so exciting for me to watch when I seen that both my girls were totally focused and into their work. I hope this continues!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the sickness thing. It just seems to go round and round sometimes. We are dealing with this right now in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flu passed through here a month ago. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got hit too with a virus, yuck. Just the little one so far and I hope I've contained it. Hope everybody is feeling back to normal soon!

    Your "vacation" sounds like fun! Let me know if I can help with the Newfoundland visit..I'm from a little Island off the NE coast!

    Thanks for following my blog!

    Breeze

    ReplyDelete