Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Update

I wanted to let you all know that I am back!!!!!
That dark cloud has lifted and I feel in control, Praise be to God!

After my last post I have been doing some deep self examining...I have had to really look hard at why I need to be healthy.

The top reasons.....
  • I am a temple of the Holy Spirit!
  • I am made for more than the crazy cycles that I have went through for years....I am WORTH it!
  • My children deserve to have a happy, healthy mom.

I have come to realize that living a healthy lifestyle, truly is a battle both physically and spiritually and it is not going away so I might as well stand strong and face the battle daily.

For some their battle is with alcohol, drugs, and/or sex...whatever their weakness is...mine is food, so until I am strong enough to be able to eat just one piece of cake (if that day ever comes!) than I am going to choose to not have ANY! What life is there in cake? There is done for me!

Can you imagine an alcoholic saying that they will just go to this one party and have a few drinks!?!?!?! and then tomorrow will stop again...would that be easy???? I do not think it would, in fact I know it is impossible!!!!

It has been a week of making the choice to live life fully!
To take my thoughts captive and test them to see if they are life giving!

I still have hurdles to face but I am ready!

5 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad that you're not a raving sex addict? I bet you wouldn't have a blog about that! So many blessings!! I'm SO happy to see that you're back and feeling better. You ARE worth it!! You deserve to be happy and healthy for yourself too. Not just for your family... but yes, for them too. I'm so happy that you are living life more fully. It's a daily struggle but the key is to NOT GIVE UP!!

    Rock on girlfriend!
    God bless...
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming along Christine. I'm going away for the weekend and then I'm writing again.

    Thanks for your sweet FB message.

    Love,
    Dawne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your post and commenting already I had to come back to share a great verse that came up in my Bible reading this morning:
    1 Cor. 15:57 "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

    Have a great weekend, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have your email, so I have to comment to reply to your comment for me....I was going to mention reading "Made to Crave" because I love that book. I had started reading it for a second time a few weeks ago and am now thinking of finishing it.

    It's nice to know there's a fellow Christian out there battling and willing to talk about their faith along the weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete