Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week Seven

Where did this week go? Seriously, I don't know how times just seems to slip away.

I have spent this week working three days and then spent the entire day Friday preparing my children's school work for the next two weeks while the Olympics are on. We are going to do a major study on the Olympics! I figured I might as well take advantage of this opportunity. We are going to be studying the different flags of numerous countries, graphing results from this year and 2006 to compare medal standing for 10 different countries, research athletes and write reports on their athletic accomplishments, investigate the history of the Olympics as well as some fun trivia kind of games and we are holding a book Olympics too. It is suppose to be fun and educational for us all! I was amazed at how much I learn just preparing my lessons.

I really sucked at getting in any exercise this week but I did eat well so I was down 1.4lbs. I weighed in on Saturday morning this week because I went away with my mom and the baby overnight to the closest major city from us for a day of shopping. It was fun to get away. I ate well and did alot of walking. I bought myself a few things along the way yesterday too....a Cooking Light magazine, The Eat-Clean Diet book and a hot air popcorn maker. I never spend money on me but it felt good to do it!

Today is my son's second birthday so we are partying here in a bit.

I have been dessert/sweets free for 49 days today!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss!! It's so crazy how so many of us moms say...I never buy anything for myself. I'm glad you got a couple things. We do it all for our kids, it's important to do a little for us too. I'm working on that one too.

    Happy 2nd birthday to your son. I miss those toddler days :( Time flies. My kids are so big now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 49 days!!!!!! Wow, that is amaziing! Congrats on your weight loss and I hope your son has a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my longest dessert-free stretch was 8 days. You rock! You make it seem effortless with your focus. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay on the loss. Sounds like a great lesson you're putting together.

    ReplyDelete