Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Time

It is so hard to get on the computer with all this nice summer weather we are getting here.
It has actually been very hot! I have been keeping up on your blogs but not taking time to do any posting of my own.

Things are going well with eating this week and I have got in 2 runs and a long walk also. It just is all feeling like a normal part of life lately, which is great! The struggles to stay focused have not been there like earlier in the journey and I miss it when I don't get in some exercise. I know tough days will come again but as I put more good days under my belt it just makes me stronger!

Yesterday I planted the vegetable/flower garden and today I spent nearly 4 hours in one area of the yard working at moving rocks, cutting limbs and trimming over grown grass and weeds. I have absolutely loved this work! The real bonus is that I am feeling soreness in muscles that I guess I don't use on a regular basis in my arms, shoulders, back and legs. Got to love toning when you don't even realize it!!

Another great thing that has been happening for me this week is I have been seeing people that I have not seen in awhile and they are noticing my weight loss and commenting on it. This just pushes me to stay focused.

All in all a great week and hopefully a great weekend to come with a loss on the scale.

4 comments:

  1. Toning without realizing it is the best kind :)

    Looks like you are doing awesome with your weight loss. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat.. The weather has been super awesome and we've been having a crazy life lately and it's been so hard to keep up with everyone and my blog, but I'm making a point to get caught up today!

    Sounds like you are doing amazing! Keep up the great work and enjoy the veggie/flower garden!!! :)

    Happy Summer ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy this time of "coasting"! Yay for easy days. I planted a veggie garden this year too. I'm so excited about it!

    You are so sweet to me. Thanks for all of your kind, insightful, encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time to your blog, I found you through Dawne's blog.

    Congratulations on your weight loss.

    Mother to six children, wow that is awesome. My husband is one of 6 kids. We only have two children and they kept me busy growing up I can't imagine having six on top of home schooling and running a day care.

    You are a super woman!

    ReplyDelete