Sunday, March 23, 2014

Shopping in the City

For those that have read my blog for a while you will know that I live on a small island in the middle of Lake Huron which means the variety of groceries is limited to little more than the basics. 
So today I made a trip to the nearest major city, 2 hours away.

On my agenda was some fun shopping for a new bedroom comforter set, bathroom towels, shower curtain and rugs. Also my purpose was to buy some food items that I can not get here on the island.

My trip was successful! 
Here is a peak at just some of the items I bought that I can't get near home.

I also bought a variety of vegetables that I can't get at my local grocer.

I am a happy Mama!

Today's Meals
Strawberries and Skinny Chocolate
Ezekiel Bread with Turkey Breast and mustard
Pear and Almonds
Ezekiel 4:9 Golden Flax cereal with Banana, Peanut Butter and Almond Milk
and as every other Canadian I had 2 Tim Horton's coffee while travelling.

3 comments:

  1. Good success! I would like that - saving up for a big shopping trip every once in a while. I'm interested in what you think of the cereal!?! Will you have it with almond milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Golden Flax one for supper tonight and I liked it...what I like the most about it is that it is not like 'cereal' so it will not cause me to gorge on it.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Christine! You sound like you're off to a great start as well. It is truly about finding the plan and then sticking to it, isn't it? :) You're always so inspiring how you keep fighting the fight as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete