Sunday, February 13, 2011

Homemade Pizza

Today we are celebrating both my husband and sons birthday!

My husband turned 43 on Tuesday but with me being sick nothing happen for him and my son will be 3 tomorrow!

On the menu...by request....fried crunchy chicken wings, honey garlic wings, pizza, chocolate cake, ice cream and cheese cake.
CRAZY!!!

I will be making a vegetable platter and fruit tray...this is my touch and not requested!!! HA!!

To make the pizza a bit healthier I am making a clean crust.

Here is the recipe I love!!!!

3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp.warm water
2 1/4 tsp. Active Yeast
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt

Mix together in a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.

2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tbsp. Cornmeal

Stir in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture just until it sticks together.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured counter and knead for 10 minutes until the ball is smooth and elastic.
Place dough in a greased bowl, turn the dough over, cover with a clean kitchen towel.
Place the bowl in a warm spot and let rise until double. Approximately 1 hour.

Roll the dough out on a floured counter and place the rolled dough on a pizza tray, top with your favorite toppings and bake in a 450 degree oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until bottom is brown and cheese is bubbling.

Yummy!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Can I come help celebrate!?!?! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found you through "The Joys of Home Educating" and I thought I'd stop in and tell you that you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete